Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lash Stash?

I am incredibly annoyed with myself right now:
Last night I was perusing the Sephora website, in part planning on taking a friend there for the first time (something that I love doing so much) and in part debating buying the Sun Safety Kit online versus in-store, to try to deal with how incredibly bright it is here all the time, and that I keep finding myself forgetting to pack sunscreen in my purse/school bag, and having to buy it wherevere I am - many small bottles of sunscreen to stash in everything I carry.
If I buy online, I am invariably tempted to buy enough that I get free shipping, if I buy in-store, something I did not plan to purchase will suddenly become something with which I cannot live without.
I came across the 'Lash Stash' - a value kit of 10 'deluxe-sample' sized mascaras for $35.00 (an $85.00 value) which included several that are on my 'must try' list. I talked myself out of buying it, along with the Sun Safety Kit that second, and decided to wait until I go on Friday with my darling friend. Afterall, I'm moving! Our new bathroom is much smaller than our current one, which is disproportionately enormous for the size of the apartment, and Mon Amore and I are already trying to figure out where it is we are both going to keep our not totally reasonable volume of product, not to mention, not needing unecessarily to spend money on anything. Sunscreen I can always justify, even for me, more mascara occasionally becomes difficult.
So I went back to look this morning, with the idea of checking to see if it was actually available in-store, or if I should go on and order the damn thing, now that I have a new address, and
IT'S GONE.
It is 'not active' on the website. What the hell!? In less than 24, actually, less than 12 hours, it has just dissapeared from the site. I will be checking in-store on Friday. If it isn't available there either, I will doubtless continue to kick myself until such time as it re-appears.

Sephora, I love you, I'm a very good customer to you, I bring you new customers with relative frequency, why would you hurt me so?

No comments:

Post a Comment