Tuesday, June 9, 2009

waterproof my ass

You know something Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express, if you run all over my face and smear off on tissues/the back of my hand when I cry, you are NOT waterproof.

I'm generally a big fan of Maybelline mascaras in general, and have found them to be about as 'waterproof' as one can ever really expect. I've yet to find a formula that doesn't flake or smear or bleed at least a little bit by the end of a day, or under stage lights, in rain, through tears, etc., but this was absolutely ridiculous.
This was not :dab up the excess under and around my eyes with a tissue, and have my makeup and I look alright, this was giant black smears under and above my eyes, and on my cheeks, as well as the back of my hands, and Mon Amore's shirt. Lame.

*Correction*
I was mistaken and this formula does not claim to be waterproof, which I find somewhat comforting. However; I fail to understand why on earth anyone would bother making mascara that is not waterproof, for the aforementioned reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment